Building Permits

General FAQs about building permits

Casselton Land Use Ordinance

Building permits are available at the Auditor’s office, West Fargo Building Department or at the link below. After the application is completed it will need to be reviewed by the Building Department.

Residential Plan Routing Information

Residential Building Permit Application

West Fargo Building Department 433-5480
Casselton City Auditor’s office 347-4861 x10

Building Guidelines

Accessory Structure




Moving Structures

Moving Ordinance #304

Moving Permit Application

Moving Guidelines

Storm Water Management

Any new construction for residential or commercial building will need to have a storm water management plan in place. For questions, contact Public Works Supervisor Kevin Mayer at 347-4861 ext 15

Storm Water Management Standards

Storm Water Management Permit Application